We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Representation (including drafting the inheritance tax form) on your behalf.
How much does this service cost?
We charge a fixed fee of £895.00 to £995.00 (depending on complexity) plus VAT & disbursements for our assistance in obtaining the grant of representation when there is no inheritance tax to be paid.
There is an additional fee of £195.00 plus VAT if an application to transfer an unused nil rate band is needed to reduce the inheritance tax liability.
The probate application fee is a disbursement which is payable to HM Courts & Tribunals Services.
What does the fixed fee service include?
- Providing you with an experienced and qualified probate lawyer
- Checking the validity of the Will
- Identifying the correct people to apply to be executors or administrators
- Identifying which type of Probate application you will require:
- a Grant of Probate
- a Grant of Letters of Administration
- a Grant of Letters of Administration with Will Annexed etc.
- Determining whether you need to pay Inheritance Tax
- Completing the relevant Inheritance Tax form
- Drafting the Legal Statement
- Drafting a Schedule of Assets & Liabilities
- Making the application to the Probate Registry on your behalf
- Obtaining the Grant and sending five copies to you
Our fee assumes that:
- There is no Inheritance Tax due
- The application does not require a) a Residence Nil Rate Band or b) a partial Transferrable Nil Rate Band to exempt the Estate from Inheritance Tax
- No unforeseen matters arise such as the Will being contested
- You promptly provide us with the Original Will, property Deeds, all the probate valuations of assets and liabilities and necessary copy documents such as marriage certificates
- All Executors are co-operative
- The family tree does not have to be verified by a genealogist’s report
How long will this take?
On average, this type of application is completed within six weeks.